The aim of The Eclectic Reader 2013 Challenge is to push you outside your comfort zone by reading up to 12 books during the year from 12 different categories.
- The challenge will run from January 1st to December 31st 2013. Participants may join at any time up until December 1st 2013
- Create a blog post committing to your participation in this challenge.
- Post your name, blog name, the direct link to your challenge post via Linky at book’d out.
- Select, read and review a book from each genre listed below during the year for a total of 12 books. A book may be in print, electronic or audio format.
* You can choose your books as you go or create a list in advance. You may combine this challenge with others if you wish.
* Where a book is identified by more than one genre eg historical romance, it may only count for either the historical fiction or romantic fiction genres – not both.
* You can read your chosen titles in any order, at any pace, just complete the challenge by December 21st 2013 to be eligible for the prize drawing.
Translated fictionThe Plague by Albert Camus
- Historical mystery
Romantic suspenseThe Persnickety Princess by Falcon Storm Made into a movieAmerican Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis New AdultThe Madman’s Daughter by Megan Shepherd
- Urban Fantasy
Action AdventureAngel Falls by Michael Paul Gonzalez HumourThe Sound of Loneliness by Craig Wallwork Published in 2013The Girl in the Leaves by Robert Scott
- Each time you read and review a book as part of this challenge, make sure you identify it by adding either a direct statement and/or the challenge image badge to the post.
- Share your review with other challenge participants by posting your name/blog name and title of the book with a direct link to your review in the Linky at book’d out.
All participants that complete the challenge by December 31st 2012 will be eligible to win a book of their choice to the value of $15AUD from bookdepository.com or a $10US Amazon gift card or paypal funds of US$10 to be drawn via random.org Jan 2014.
Remember to enter your link when you have completed the challenge at book’d out.